Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: update on Traveling Felicity

  1. #11
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with the previous two. I know the last person to host Lissie feels absolutely awful. In Arkansas around the first of the month, we really did have a postal truck (one of the large 18-wheeler ones) involved in an accident in which a great deal of the freight was destroyed in a fire - including a lot of social security checks. I feel for Meg and am glad the dolly spa treatment seems to be working (and she won't be getting zits for awhile either [img]wink.gif[/img] )

  2. #12
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I looked at the pics, and it appears to me that they are from something rubbing against the doll. Could have been anything, even just the inside of the cardboard box.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cripes! I should make a point of checking in more often. Meg, Felicity came to me with a mark on her nose just like that one (but she didn't have one on her cheek). [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Johanna was PMing with me when she arrived and I told her about it, so she can back me up on this. But here's where it gets weird... I removed the marks with Oxy 10 and they were completely gone by the time she left me. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't want to worry you, and I've had loads of experience doing this type of restoration on both pre- and post-Mattel AG's.

    But now she's got a new mark in the same place! Weird. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    BTW, I do have some photos of her visit. I just have to finish the album. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 18, 2005 03:38 PM: Message edited by: kitschywoman ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm certainly not trying to blame anyone. I got a pm from the last host who said there were no marks on Lissie when she was sent off. But there are no marks on the inside of her box either. All I can figure is that the bags that were packed with Lissie that had permanent marker writting on them shifted around during mailing and damaged her face. The crazy thing is that she was only in the mail over a few days. She got to my house really fast from the previous host.

    When I first posted (in another thread) about this incident I was really upset but there was obviously no way I could have had any clue as to when this had happened. I was not trying to blame the last person. It could have happened at any point on her travels. For all I knew she'd been traveling around with marks on her face for months. I haven't seen any pictures of her since the beginning of the year so I could only figure that it had happened sometime in the 7 months since then.
    It was just a frustrating experience from the start.

    meg

  4. #14
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Angry

    I want to point out, that the recent humidity we've been having makes it incredibly likely that even permanent marker would bleed. There's nothing you can do when stuff gets hot and wet inside a box. That said, I'm glad the Oxy 10 is working, and I have a question as well. My Lissie has a shiny spot on her nose that won't come off...any ideas?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mr.Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on shiny spots.Be persistant till it is gone , and you will never know it was there to begin with.AMAZING.

    I am so sorry about TD Felicity.I would be upset too, but even now I would trust each and every member of this board with any doll I have.

    I have to agree,it looks very much like something inside the box got against her face.I hope she is all better soon.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Note for future traveling dolls:

    I would place the doll in a WHITE pillowcase in her box. You can pick one up at Walmart for a couple of bucks or even find one at a thrift store for fifty cents.

    Then, just leave instructions to put the doll BACK in the pillowcase before sending her out.

  7. #17
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    When I ship dolls, I wrap them in white tissue paper. Then I put them in their ag box and put the plastic bags on top of that. Then I put them in the shipping box with lots of packing peanuts. I save the ones from AG. Anyone else have any good ideas?

  8. #18
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Well...it certainly looks like something bled onto her face.

    I agree, though....let's be careful about people's feelings. I would not only trust Laurie with my dolls, but with my kids! She would never intentionally let something happen to someone's doll.

    It was obviously an accident, and let's all try to remember how it would feel if we were the last ones to have the doll.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yikes - those marks do look pretty bad. I would have been terribly upset as well. I am glad to hear that the removal is working so far!

    I agree with mayergirl about the humidity - extremely humid weather can cause lots of things to bleed onto other things that might normally be fine. The marker could easily have bled into Lissie's face under those conditions.

    I also agree that we should not be assuming that the hosts were disrespectful or lied about the marks. I would trust the members of this board with my dolls more than any other people I know in "real" life. I sent a doll out traveling last year with great success. When I sent her out she had a few tiny bluish marks on her hand (she was an ebay win), and even though they were there from the start, I still had a host e-mail me to tell me about the marks, just in case they had happened somewhere along the trip, and then place a note in her box to let the future hosts know that I had already been contacted about the marks. My doll was returned to me in great condition and I have no complaints about how she was treated. But the fact remains that accidents do happen, and that is a risk you have to be willing to take when you send a doll out. Things can happen that nobody has any control over. I'm sure the last host feels terrible and as though she should have somehow prevented what happened, but sometimes these things just happen no matter how careful people try to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •